Here are two pickup trucks...
These vehicles are alike in a lot of ways. Both haul/pull comparable loads at similar speeds over the same roads. Both made in the USA. Both rely on lead/acid batteries to start them up.
And those batteries have to be replaced every now and then.
Let's see what is required to accomplish this.
Nixon era pickup...
- A 1/2" wrench. (Or socket. Whatever.)
- A replacement battery. (12v auto battery. Bigger the better. Lot of leeway.)
- Five minutes.
- An 8mm wrench. (Must be box-end, six-sided. Socket won't work. Twelve-sided will strip.)
- A ratchet with a 13mm socket and very long extension.
- A 10mm socket.
- Vice grips.
- A midget.
- A very specific replacement battery. (Others won't fit.)
- Forty-five to ninety minutes.
- Extra BP medication.
And this, gentle readers, is one of many examples of why this civilization is ultimately DOOMED!
- 30 -